Swan Lake Adult Summer Workshop
Monday-Friday, July 19th-30th, 2021
Dance to Tchaikovsky’s beautiful Swan Lake score, learn the history of this magical ballet, and follow in the footsteps of dancers that came before. Experience the feeling of daily class and rehearsals, a professional dancer’s day to day. Dust off your tutu and feathers, join in the magic. This workshop is for Intermediate level adult students that have a strong foundation in ballet. Pointe optional. All classes taught in English. Variations include Odette’s Act 2 Variation, Dance of the Little Swans, and Siegfried’s Variation-all modified for small spaces. The workshop will end with a mini performance where participants are encouraged to invite friends and family to join.
1130-1330 EST (1730-1930 CET) Ballet Barre & Stretch followed by Variations & Rehearsal
Adult Ballet Weekend Intensive
Saturday & Sunday June 12th & 13th, 2021
- 0900-1100 (1500-1700 CET) Ballet Class followed by Q & A with Michael Cusumano (Joffrey Ballet School)
- 1115-1200 (1715-1800 CET) The Journey of a an Adult Ballet Dancer Talk with Julie Gill (Broche Ballet)
- 1200-1300 (1800-1900 CET) Lunch or Dinner & Fika (Swedish coffee & chat)
- 1300-1500 (1900-2100 CET) Character Class with Katja Treger (St. Petersburg Ballet Company)
- 1530-1700 (2130-2300 CET) Fosse Workshop with Michael Cusumano (Joffrey Ballet School)
- 0900-1030 (1500-1630 CET) Balanchine Ballet Class followed by Q & A with Dena Abergel, (School of American Ballet, SAB)
- 1100-1230 (1700-1830 CET) Pointe Class with Lynn Charles, Founder of 4 Pointe
- 1230-1330 (1830-1930 CET) Lunch or Dinner & Fika
- 1330-1430 (1930-2030 CET) Intro to Progressing Ballet Technique
- 1500-1700 (2100-2300 CET) Variations & Performance with Katja Treger (St. Petersburg Ballet Company)
In our first annual Adult Ballet Weekend Intensive, we welcome our favorite teachers to give you a well rounded weekend of technique, pointe, character, and variation classes. We also welcome some of our favourite adult ballet experts to give guest talks that will leave you feeling inspired and encouraged. These classes are for all dancers with a good foundation in classical ballet.
Sunday, November 15th
250 kr ($25)
Michael Cusumano (aka Madame Olga) grew up in Long Island New York. At the age of 14 he won the bronze medal at the International Ballet Competition in Varna, Bulgaria, the youngest male dancer to medal in the competition’s history till then. That same year he went on to win the special Jury Prize at the Prix de Paris 1994. Michael then joined American Ballet Theater at age 15, the youngest male dancer in the company’s history. Michael then danced as a soloist with the Boston Ballet. He made his Broadway debut in “All Shook Up” and then went on to star as “the jury” in the smash hit “Chicago” the musical on Broadway. Michael won the title of Mr.Broadway 2011. Other credits include “The Most Happy Fella” at New York State Theater, “On the Town” at Encores, “Live with Regis and Kelly”, “The Today’s Show”, “ABT Now for PBS”, “Le Corsaire for PBS”, feature film “Center Stage”, “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” “SNL”. Michael’s alter ego Madame Olga was featured on an episode of”Joan and Melissa Joan knows Best” dancing the Black Swan coda for WE TV. Madame Olga is currently a highly sought out teacher nationally and internationally. Check out @madameolgav on instagram. Michael most recently appeared in the original production of “An American in Paris” on Broadway. He is currently on faculty at Pace University.
Pay via Paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via Swish (070 544 1742)
Saturday, September 12th,
250 kr ($25)
Born in Brooklyn, NY and raised in Chattanooga, TN, Mr. Davis began his training as a full scholarship recipient with Ballet Tennessee.